Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The State of the Union

I know very little about politics. That's Justin's domain. That being said, here are my thoughts during Applause-fest 2011, also known as the State of the Union.

Boehner looks uncomfortable back there. He looks like he's thinking: "How long is this thing going to last? Man, I want to get out of here."

"No workers are more productive than ours... we're the home to the world's best universities..." I have a hard time believing this is true. But sure, we're #1! We're #1!

Obama's talking about the space race. What is our moon? The moon! We're going there again, baby! Woo! I'd like to see Osama do that!

"We need to eliminate the billions of dollars we give to oil companies." Well, that didn't get a very warm round of applause. Shocker.

"Become a teacher. Your country needs you!" I'm sick of this bullshit. How come nobody says that about engineers, huh? We're just as important as teachers or doctors or whatever. I demand respect, damn it!

"America's the nation that built the trans-continental railway!" [Cut to shot of chinaman].

I kind of like this mixing up the democrats and republicans idea. The problem is that it's really obvious who the democrats are because they're the only ones standing up.

On reorganizing the government: "I will submit a bill to congress and work to get it passed" (or something like that). Boehner's reaction: "Good luck getting that passed, asshole."

Ok, it's over now. Hope you kids out there enjoyed it. Just remember, talk is cheap. Let's see some action.

Pat is crazy.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing in the middle of the road but a yellow stripe and a lot of dead armadillos. - Jim Hightower

    Moderation in temper is always a virtue. But moderation in principle is always a vice. - Thomas Paine

    Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about reform. - Susan B. Anthony

    Whenever a fellow tells me he is bipartisan, I know he is going to vote against me. - Harry S Truman

    ReplyDelete