Friday, January 8, 2010

The Company Ink

I was at work today, and an old saying came into my mind: "Don't dip your pen in the company ink." And I thought, that makes no sense. Now, before you barrage me with a bunch of comments* telling me I'm an idiot, and explaining the saying to me, I get it. It means you shouldn't have sex with your co-workers. Pen = Steven Joe Pat (that's the name of my penis. Don't ask). Company ink = co-worker's vagina. But my question is this: how did the saying start in the first place?

*Man, I really wish people read/left comments on this blog.

I mean, forget about the metaphor and just look at it as a literal statement. Don't dip your pen in the company ink? What kind of company is this that makes you bring your own ink? I could understand maybe an ink company not wanting you to use the company ink, but even they should provide some ink for their employees to use. I mean, seriously. It's going to be pretty hard to run a company when none of your employees have any ink to write with.

No comments:

Post a Comment