Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beer, Cheese, and Inbreeding

Last weekend I went down to Madison with my family to see the relatives. A lot of this time was spent in the nursing home, where there is never a dull moment. We went to see if there were any board games for us to play, and I was led to a cabinet with half a checker set and the box to Trivial Pursuit...seriously. So the weekend consisted mainly of sitting around and seeing this:
*Not my grandparents

However, the Packers played on Saturday, so my dad and I took this as an excuse to ignore the person who raised him for 18 years and go find a bar to watch the game, I couldn't have been more relieved. We drove around Madison for a while until we saw what looked like arguably the friendliest bar in the state of Wisconsin, Wilson's:

We walked in to the bar and ordered got a couple beers, when all of a sudden, everybody in the bar started to chant that witty Go Pack Go chant they do at the games.

This went on for the next 5 hours, luckily we were saved from the horror when they showed a picture of Brett Favre on the TV. This presented another round of hooting and hollering while a nice young man, I think his name was Pat, came up to us.




It did not sound like a very good idea to take him up on his offer, so we decided to get back to the nursing home before we became accessories to murder. The rest of the weekend resumes back at picture number 1, but unfortunately I dozed off in a fit of excitement.

Pat is crazy, because you can get good beer for 2 bucks in Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. Those old people look familiar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know St...Oakland, I was gonna make note of it, but everybody who reads this knows its your drawing.

    ReplyDelete