Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Squids Fantasy Roundup - Weeks 7 & 8

Apologies for the delay between posts. I'm sure that you missed me terribly. Unfortunately I have been rather busy with work due to the fact that we are gearing up for a trial down in Orange County. I won't give you all the details of the lawsuit, because it's pretty boring, but let's just say that it's a good example of how the justice system, like everything else, favors the wealthy. You see, my firm represents a large company from Taiwan, and they are in a dispute with a small company from Southern California. The small company, let's call them GoldfishCo, has basically went belly up as a result of a product recall that is at the center of this lawsuit. As such, they are running out of money. How do we know this? For starters, they are down to 1, maybe 2 employees. But here's the really enlightening part: They hired an expert to testify on their behalf in the case. Then, they took that expert off of the witness list. My firm suspected that they did this because the expert said things that were harmful to their case, and so we deposed him to find out what his opinions were. During this deposition, we discovered the real reason he was no longer serving as their expert: they didn't have enough money to pay him. So, yeah, they're not really playing with a full deck. Hooray, justice!

Now on to the football!

Once again, I didn't watch one minute of football, this time due to the fact that all day Sunday I was driving a Uhaul full of documents down to Orange County. Thankfully, to be successful at fantasy football, you aren't required to watch any of the games. Week 7's highest scoring player was Andrew Luck. Continuing our season-long trend, Luck sat on the bench for Team Crazy Pat. That was good news for me, as I was playing said Insane Patrick (I won). I didn't have time to look at the projections, but that's okay because it's pretty much bullshit anyway.

This week, week 8, I actually did watch football! And my beloved Raiders won! Suck it, Pittsburgh! This week also featured un-owned fantasy nobody Marvin Jones scoring 4 TDs and over 100 yards receiving. I only mention this so that you appreciate this next statement: the weeks high scorer was Calvin Johnson. Megatron only scored one touchdown. And he lost a fumble. And he STILL outscored Marvin Jones. Johnson also bucked the trend and led Drew's team to a win and the week's high team score.

Current projected winner: Some asshole (who I beat this week)


No comments:

Post a Comment