Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Squids Fantasy Roundup - Week 2

We've now reached the end of week 2, and I've already run out of ideas on what to put here. It's going to be a long season, folks. I might not make it to the end.

Week 2 featured some more football games, I guess. The top fantasy scorer this week was Aaron Rodgers, who discount double-checked Pat's team to a loss to Drew. Having the top scorer in our league may be a curse.

The big game of week 2 was, of course, the hot Manning-on-Manning action that took place on Sunday afternoon. My girlfriend, whose love of watching Peyton Manning play football is only eclipsed by her love of the New York Giants, was very excited to watch this game. Unfortunately, the game was on as the same time as that oh so exciting Raiders/Jaguars game. Since we live in the SF Bay Area, we got the Raiders game. I was happy. She, less so.


My girlfriend was apparently not the only one who was not happy about the NFL-mandated TV coverage. A bunch of old Jews that retired to Florida from New York complained about not being able to see the game (I'm assuming), prompting the Orlando CBS affiliate to scroll this message across the screen:

"In accordance with NFL policy, WKMG must carry all Jacksonville Jaguars away games. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Needless to say, we went to a bar so that we could watch both games.

Projected Winner: Don'tMessWithSebas (hey, that's me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment