Friday, September 27, 2013

Squids fantasy roundup - Week 3

Sorry for the late post, gang. I know all of you were probably very upset that it was not posted on time!

Week 3 of the fantasy season is now in the books. I had a busy weekend, and thus did not watch a single game. I missed the Thursday game because the NFL does not want me to see Thursday games, otherwise they wouldn't air it on some obscure network that I don't get. It also doesn't help that the Thursday games are typically the least interesting matchup possible. Kansas City and Philadelphia! Yippee!

I missed all the Sunday day games because I had to go into work all day Sunday. Which sucks, but hey, I'm at work now and doing this, so fair is fair, I guess. The Sunday night game, which is typically the week's marquee matchup, was a bit of a stinker (seriously, the Steelers suck. I do not want to watch Ben Rapeeverythingandeatlotsofburgers and company play. Ever.) so I watched the Emmy's instead. I maintain that I made the right choice there.

I missed Monday's game because I was, once again, working. You see, I was in the OC (don't call it that) for work. We were having a mock trial (without J. Reinhold). Watching jurors deliberate from a secret room did not give me much faith in the justice system.

Now on to the football!

This week's highest scorer was Drew Brees. Brees sat on the bench and watched as Joey's team got blown by Crazy Pat.* The curse of the high scoring player lives on!

Several owned players put up a big goose egg on the score board this week. Most of them were injured and sat out the whole game. Two of them, Jermichael Finley and Daryl Richardson, were injured early in the game. Only one played the whole game and still did nothing: Hakeem Nicks. Nicks is on my team. I lost.

*EDIT: Oops! I forgot to say "away" again!

Current Projected Winner: Crazy Pat!


1 comment:

  1. You also forgot to mention the throttling Sebas received at the hands of Gotskowski ;)

    ReplyDelete